Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Micr0

Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Post by Micr0 »

To coalesce the threads that have started talking about projectors in other threads, as well as and mods for improving alignment and surface roughness. I have a few things to start off with. In doing some research today after some of the discussion with bidbomber, I found that there is now an Acer K132+ That is specifically marketed for 3D scanning. I don't know what they have changed from the K132 to the K132+ to make it better for scanning but there it is. The price here in the IS is about $880, which is expensive when compared to the K132 that is currently selling for literally half the price ($445). I have more on this I'd like to post when I get the chance but right now I was hoping people might have some thought on this.

Ideas?
µ
bigbomber

Re: Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Post by bigbomber »

I,m interested in this thread too.
To start, can I ask does any one in this forum have access to original modified projector?
mading

Post by mading »

LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

I know k132+ is available in markets. I want a user who has k132+ to check its settings with my knowledge.
K132 is a small projector and its brightness isn't enough for scanning in light room or larg object.
Acctually I'm designing a completely new special projector to mach with 3d scanners. I'm not talking about hacking other projector. I mean developing an invention of direct driving DMD chip and special optics and triggering method.
mading

Post by mading »

Thats's great! Will follow with interest.
I posted K132+ link because in Italy it was not available anymore weeks ago.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

The k132 from Acer has been discontinued for a while now. It'd be best to look at other alternatives.

For scanning larger objects, how about the Optoma HD142X or even the BenQ HT2050?
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Alonso wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 14:52 The k132 from Acer has been discontinued for a while now. It'd be best to look at other alternatives.

For scanning larger objects, how about the Optoma HD142X or even the BenQ HT2050?
I have 3 high brightness & high-end projectors. But the problem is that they are not suitable for SLS.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Could you tell us what they are? Then we'll know what to avoid.

Also as far as the two projectors I mentioned, that is what is used in the SLS systems that LMI sold bundled with Flexscan. Actually it was the Optoma HD142X and the BenQ HT1075 that was used in their HDI R3X and R4X, respectively. The HT2050 is just the updated version of the HT1075 and now comes with a glass lens instead of plastic. Now, whether they modded the projectors for the SLS systems, I don't know.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Alonso wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 16:47 Could you tell us what they are? Then we'll know what to avoid.

Also as far as the two projectors I mentioned, that is what is used in the SLS systems that LMI sold bundled with Flexscan. Actually it was the Optoma HD142X and the BenQ HT1075 that was used in their HDI R3X and R4X, respectively. The HT2050 is just the updated version of the HT1075 and now comes with a glass lens instead of plastic. Now, whether they modded the projectors for the SLS systems, I don't know.
Actually I don't know their exatc models. Sharp, NEC, and sony DX100. But my current is NEC NP400.
I've modified it alot. But these modifications for setup to setup is different.
I planed to create a global solution. But I need the help of a person who has the HP k132.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Another thing, I have flexscan 3D license too. But I preffered David/HP scanner for its fast calibration process. Also as I remember, with my projectors I have troble with alignment in Flex too. Also flex need very expensive PointGray Cams (mine's was ueye).