Camera based on Sony IMX 385 matrix

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
OBNRacerMan

Camera based on Sony IMX 385 matrix

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I understand that monochrome cameras based on IMX 174/249, IMX 265 or IMX 264 matrices are a very good choice. But these are all quite expensive (for me) cameras.
Therefore, as a fallback, I consider the IMX 178 (although there are too many pixels - 6.3Mp / 2/3 ") and, according to the description, a very sensitive camera on the IMX 385 - these two cameras are very close in price (apparently because there is a rolling shutter they cost almost two to three times cheaper), besides, 385 did not find monochrome, unlike 178, where there is a choice.
The latest IMX 392 was not considered, since it will not be cheap.
Question - did anyone try IMX 385 to work with the scanner? Is it worth it to pay attention to this at all, or try to accumulate on exactly suitable, but more expensive cameras?
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Re: Camera based on Sony IMX 385 matrix

Post by Micr0 »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 07:00 I understand that monochrome cameras based on IMX 174/249, IMX 265 or IMX 264 matrices are a very good choice. But these are all quite expensive (for me) cameras.
Therefore, as a fallback, I consider the IMX 178 (although there are too many pixels - 6.3Mp / 2/3 ") and, according to the description, a very sensitive camera on the IMX 385 - these two cameras are very close in price (apparently because there is a rolling shutter they cost almost two to three times cheaper), besides, 385 did not find monochrome, unlike 178, where there is a choice.
The latest IMX 392 was not considered, since it will not be cheap.
Question - did anyone try IMX 385 to work with the scanner? Is it worth it to pay attention to this at all, or try to accumulate on exactly suitable, but more expensive cameras?
When David came out with the SLS3 rig, they went with cameras with a lower spec than the cameras I use the (IS 23UX174) The scans I've seen from the David systems have been excellent and probably not any better than the more expensive cameras. The company I bought my cameras here in the IS allowed me to try them for 30 days as demo's no charge. see if you can at least buy them from a place that would allow you to return them.
µ
OBNRacerMan

Re: Camera based on Sony IMX 385 matrix

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Micr0 wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 15:39 ... that would allow you to return them.
Unfortunately, I have no way to take a "try". I buy on Aliexpress (and if I decided to order a camera like Basler or IDS in some metropolitan company, the delivery time is 60 days (only on order) and the price is 1.5-2 times more expensive).
Therefore, I am interested to hear the opinion of how such a camera is suitable (or not) for 3D scanning.
P.S. I also saw that there are many cheap cameras on this matrix for sale (IMX385) - but all of them are designed for IP surveillance (there are only 30fps (and not 120, as stated in the matrix) and H.265 compression)
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret