jAi GO-5000M-USB

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Farquarl

Re: jAi GO-5000M-USB

Post by Farquarl »

Ah okay, sorry i misunderstood. I thought that was your recommendation for a high resolution one.
Sadly i cant find it on the german/european Aliexpress shop. I think the russian and the european is quite different.
I will look into the Balser one you send. Much appreciated!
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Farquarl wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:11 Sadly i cant find it on the german/european Aliexpress shop.
The links may be different for different countries - but if something happens - try searching on AliExpress for the MindVision Store or MDvision Industrial Camera Store- These are different sellers but they have a similar assortment.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Farquarl

Post by Farquarl »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:39
Farquarl wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 16:11 Sadly i cant find it on the german/european Aliexpress shop.
The links may be different for different countries - but if something happens - try searching on AliExpress for the MindVision Store or MDvision Industrial Camera Store- These are different sellers but they have a similar assortment.
Found it, thanks !
Mr_Lafuente

Post by Mr_Lafuente »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 15:00 There are also cameras on an even more sensitive IMX385 sensor (but, unfortunately, they are only color, which is not very good)
OBNRacerMan... Let ask you a beginner question. The DAVID uses colored camera, but every one uses monochrome. What is the main diference i will notice on scans choosing a DFK23UX236 Colored instead of Monochrome? (or any other cam model)
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Mr_Lafuente wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 00:00 The DAVID uses colored camera, but every one uses monochrome. What is the main diference i will notice on scans choosing a DFK23UX236 Colored instead of Monochrome? (or any other cam model)
In short, then:
The monochrome camera does not have a Bayer filter (which splits the light incident on the matrix into individual colors and delivers them to the corresponding matrix cells (one pixel of the camera consists of four sub-pixels - R-G-G-B)).
As a result, in the presence of a colored object (for example, red), we capture it not with 1/4 of the pixels of the color camera, but with everyone (i.e. higher sensitivity in general, since any filter by itself reduces it).
I tried scanning in different "pure" colors (David / HP 3Dscan allows you to select this "single color" mode in the settings) - the color camera sees white or green well, but red and, especially, blue light are much worse. Accordingly, the red object was best scanned in red light, and blue - in blue. But scanning a yellow object also turned out better in red than in white.
But a monochrome camera does not notice this - no matter how much light I shine - the brightness level in the frame does not change.
At the same time, the program also has the opportunity (but I have not experienced it yet) to capture an object with a colored texture using monochrome cameras.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Mr_Lafuente

Post by Mr_Lafuente »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 07:24
Mr_Lafuente wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 00:00 The DAVID uses colored camera, but every one uses monochrome. What is the main diference i will notice on scans choosing a DFK23UX236 Colored instead of Monochrome? (or any other cam model)
In short, then:
The monochrome camera does not have a Bayer filter (which splits the light incident on the matrix into individual colors and delivers them to the corresponding matrix cells (one pixel of the camera consists of four sub-pixels - R-G-G-B)).
As a result, in the presence of a colored object (for example, red), we capture it not with 1/4 of the pixels of the color camera, but with everyone (i.e. higher sensitivity in general, since any filter by itself reduces it).
I tried scanning in different "pure" colors (David / HP 3Dscan allows you to select this "single color" mode in the settings) - the color camera sees white or green well, but red and, especially, blue light are much worse. Accordingly, the red object was best scanned in red light, and blue - in blue. But scanning a yellow object also turned out better in red than in white.
But a monochrome camera does not notice this - no matter how much light I shine - the brightness level in the frame does not change.
At the same time, the program also has the opportunity (but I have not experienced it yet) to capture an object with a colored texture using monochrome cameras.
All makes sense now. Thanks for explain!