SLS on a budget - camera and lens choice

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Tzk

Re: SLS on a budget - camera and lens choice

Post by Tzk »

I thought i'd keep you guys updated...

My parts from china finally arrived. I went with OBNRacers recommendation and bought the 12mm ZLKC lens which fits nicely with the YW500U3 camera. The FOV is also perfect.

The setup works so far, but i now need calibration plates. I printed them on cardboard as a first test, but obviously the calibration fails in about 9 of 10 tries. I think i saw a thread about custom ones on this forum :) Will investigate... Iirc some of you used a panel and simply glued cardboard to it. I guess i'll try that first.

And here's how it looks currently. I got a ballhead underneath the camera and can slide it back and forward on its bracket. I can also move the projector sideways to adjust the angle between camera and projector. Works pretty well for the first try.

IMG_20200615_140858.jpg
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Tzk wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 12:18 I thought i'd keep you guys updated...

My parts from china finally arrived. I went with OBNRacers recommendation and bought the 12mm ZLKC lens which fits nicely with the YW500U3 camera. The FOV is also perfect.

The setup works so far, but i now need calibration plates. I printed them on cardboard as a first test, but obviously the calibration fails in about 9 of 10 tries. I think i saw a thread about custom ones on this forum :) Will investigate... Iirc some of you used a panel and simply glued cardboard to it. I guess i'll try that first.

And here's how it looks currently. I got a ballhead underneath the camera and can slide it back and forward on its bracket. I can also move the projector sideways to adjust the angle between camera and projector. Works pretty well for the first try.

IMG_20200615_140858.jpg
Keep us posted.
µ
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Congratulations on completing the pre-build! We are waiting for the show of scans.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Tzk

Post by Tzk »

Alright...

I made myself some panels using din A4 cardboard with printed markers and some wooden panels. Calibration worked right away. Then i went on to make a first testscan... I sacrificed my trusty rubberduck for the cause and this is the result. 30 Scans (360° loop) were made on a single height with the stock "quality" setting. The 2nd image is the fusion (resolution 1500, sharpness 2) of all scans.

I'm pretty happy given this is literally the first scan ever made with this setup.
rubberduck1.JPG
rubberduck2.JPG
Last edited by Tzk on 16 Jun 2020, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Well, as I thought - your budget system showed quite decent scan quality. ;)
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Tzk wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 11:40 Alright...

I made myself some panels using din A4 cardboard with printed markers and some wooden panels. Calibration worked right away. Then i went on to make a first testscan... I sacrificed my trusty rubberduck for the cause and this is the result. 30 Scans (360° loop) were made on a single height with the stock "quality" setting. The 2nd image is the fusion (resolution 1500, sharpness 2) of all scans.

I'm pretty happy given this is literally the first scan ever made with this setup.

rubberduck1.JPG

rubberduck2.JPG
Right out of the gate these are excellent scans.
µ
mading

Post by mading »

Welcome on board!!
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
kth307000

Post by kth307000 »

Tzk wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 11:40 Alright...

rubberduck1.JPG

rubberduck2.JPG
Excellent result.
Did you use one camera?
Tzk

Post by Tzk »

Yes, only one camera was used. I haven't made further tests yet, as i'm a bit short on time right now. But i'll update this topic when i start scanning again. :) I'll build bigger calibration panels first.
kth307000

Post by kth307000 »

I bought a camera and lens like yours and arrived today and tested with anticipation, but it is out of focus.

Please help me how to set it up.
Attachments
제목 없음.png