HP/David sliding rail ... original or compatible

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
mr_cg

HP/David sliding rail ... original or compatible

Post by mr_cg »

Hello 3d Scanning Community,
i have SLS-2 setup with original CAM-3.1 and Acer K135i.
I want to buy dual cam upgrade kit with cam holder.
Therefore i am searching for original or compatible sliding rail.

1. Where can i get original sliding rail as spare part or a used one?
2. Is there any compatible sliding rail (quck release plate ... e.g. Arca, ...) available which will fit the original cam holder as well?

Every help or recommendation appreciated.
Thanks!
Micr0

Re: HP/David sliding rail ... original or compatible

Post by Micr0 »

mr_cg wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 20:27 Hello 3d Scanning Community,
i have SLS-2 setup with original CAM-3.1 and Acer K135i.
I want to buy dual cam upgrade kit with cam holder.
Therefore i am searching for original or compatible sliding rail.

1. Where can i get original sliding rail as spare part or a used one?
2. Is there any compatible sliding rail (quck release plate ... e.g. Arca, ...) available which will fit the original cam holder as well?

Every help or recommendation appreciated.
Thanks!
Can you post a picture of the end of the extrusion? There are a number of rail/ ball heads for photography but I'd be surprised if they fit at all with the David rail. I could be wrong though.
µ
mr_cg

Post by mr_cg »

Can you post a picture of the end of the extrusion? There are a number of rail/ ball heads for photography but I'd be surprised if they fit at all with the David rail. I could be wrong though.
Unfortunately i cannot post a picture from the end of the aluminium extrusion because i do not have one. ;-)
But yes, it would be very useful if someone could post a picture from the profile (with some measures???) of the original rail.
This could help to find alternative rail.

There are quite a lot differnet quck release profiles available like e.g. RRS, Arca-Swiss, Wimberley, Benro, Kirk, Markins, etc.
I really think (hope) that one of them could be used alternatively.
mading

Post by mading »

Hi.
My actual setup.
I recently added a variable vertical angle, and still got to even make a calibration with it.
IMG-20180711-WA0000.jpeg
I bought arca-style stuff at "twinklefoto" shop on ebay. Not cheap but good quality.

I have to say that my panoramic head have a 15° step that can be annoying when setting at different angles.
Better a smooth panoramic head: this should be ok but you need additional clamps to.use with the rail:
https://m.ebay.it/itm/58mm-Fluid-Panora ... %7Ciid%3A1

A ball head can be an interesting alternative, if you think to add a vertical angle above-belove the projector.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable