DIY automatic turntable FOR HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
1JHCAD

DIY automatic turntable FOR HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0

Post by 1JHCAD »

Hello, Im new to the forum stuff, So excuse my mistakes. So I made my own turntable for HP 3D Scan 5. Fully automatic. I expanded on what Jan Bastian Beck did on his website https://sites.google.com/site/janbeck/3 ... for-david5.

I've spent 2 weeks of my life teaching myself how to code to make this work, So if might not be a pretty program but its functional. So since Jan Bastian Beck was so nice as to post his turntable I'm doing the same to hopefully help save someone else some time.

Here's how it works on my end

I open HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0 ARDUINO ROTARY TABLE.exe
I make sure debug console is turned on in hp scan
then I open HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0 ARDUINO ROTARY TABLE.exe
Then I input the number of scan I want per 360 degrees.
Then I hit the momentary switch on my Arduino to input the same number of scans I previously entered.
Then I hit scan on my HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0 ARDUINO ROTARY TABLE.exe program
And it does its thing.

If anyone is interested I will post some pictures of how to set it up.

required hardware 1) arduino uno 2)i2c 1602 serial lcd 3)i2c motor driver shield v2 4)momentary switch 5)stepper motor 6)power supply

But for now I have attached the files I'm using.
williamzerx

Re: DIY automatic turntable FOR HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0

Post by williamzerx »

I have been trying to get something working or a while, and would love more information to get it functional. Once I have those pieces in place I can expand upon it for the group. Structured light scannign still appears to be the best for resolution on small things and that is what I have to scan.

Please let us know more and see more of your project.

Sincerely,

Bill,
1JHCAD

Post by 1JHCAD »

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Since my last post I started using range vision so I made a DIY turntable using arduino, Then I made a new small program Using auto lt so I can use the same Turntable with both softwares. For Hp scan, this is how it works ( im going of of memory so it might be slightly off). I type in the number of scans I want in the program I made using autolt and I manually input same in hp scan. Then the program makes hp scan window active and sends the keystroke f5 which starts the scan then it activates the debug console window and it does a ctrl c copy command every 5 seconds. It first counts how many times it sees "scan completed"( or something similar I dont remember) in the clipboard. then it keeps checking using ctrl c until it sees an additional "scan completed". it then send s a trigger to the turn table to rotate then waits then another f5 keystroke. It was working for me the last time i used it couple a months ago. I dont know how to code, so im a little embarrassed to share my raw code. But I will look for it and post, maybe someone can clean it up and repost.
kth307000

Post by kth307000 »

1JHCAD wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 06:12 Hello, Im new to the forum stuff, So excuse my mistakes. So I made my own turntable for HP 3D Scan 5. Fully automatic. I expanded on what Jan Bastian Beck did on his website https://sites.google.com/site/janbeck/3 ... for-david5.

I've spent 2 weeks of my life teaching myself how to code to make this work, So if might not be a pretty program but its functional. So since Jan Bastian Beck was so nice as to post his turntable I'm doing the same to hopefully help save someone else some time.

Here's how it works on my end

I open HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0 ARDUINO ROTARY TABLE.exe
I make sure debug console is turned on in hp scan
then I open HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0 ARDUINO ROTARY TABLE.exe
Then I input the number of scan I want per 360 degrees.
Then I hit the momentary switch on my Arduino to input the same number of scans I previously entered.
Then I hit scan on my HP 3D Scan Pro 5.6.0 ARDUINO ROTARY TABLE.exe program
And it does its thing.

If anyone is interested I will post some pictures of how to set it up.

required hardware 1) arduino uno 2)i2c 1602 serial lcd 3)i2c motor driver shield v2 4)momentary switch 5)stepper motor 6)power supply

But for now I have attached the files I'm using.

I respect you for making such a great result.

I also thought about https://sites.google.com/site/janbeck/3 ... for-david5 this for a lot of time, but I couldn't try it because I didn't know anything about the script.

Can you tell me the completed process, photos, and instructions for beginners?

I definitely want to make an automatic turntable system.

Have a nice day
VancoD

Post by VancoD »

I'd like to see your code as well as I'm trying to make a generic turntable work with the HP software.

Cheers