Color wheel filter removal from projector

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Alonso

Color wheel filter removal from projector

Post by Alonso »

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has removed the color wheel filters from their projector successfully?

It is a destructive process and cannot be undone unless a replacement color is acquired.

Typically the wheels have a hall effect sensor that reports wheel speed. Without it, the projector will not function at all. Therefore unplugging and removing the entire color wheel assembly is not an option :?
OBNRacerMan

Re: Color wheel filter removal from projector

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I read that some people removed the color wheel without shutting down, and fixed ak somewhere nearby so that it does not interfere with the projector. Those. it spins, the signal from the sensor goes to the processor .. but it does not take part in the work.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
mading

Post by mading »

I run into this wheel removal tutorial:

https://projection-mapping.org/hacking- ... s-for-600/
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

mading wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 20:52 I run into this wheel removal tutorial:

https://projection-mapping.org/hacking- ... s-for-600/
I got a small cheap Acer projector on ebay a while back to try to graft a different lens. I found that I could just space the lens about 1mm further from where it was mounted and get the throw I was looking for. However, in order to get to the lens mount I had to do a bit of disassembly. For some reason this caused an over-heat/temperature sensor error and the projector would shut down 10 seconds after booting up. I never could find a temp sensor and what little advise I got from the internets, was that this was basically an anti tampering devise place by the manufacturer and I had just bricked my projector..
µ
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I have met protection from being turned on in the open (i.e., until the case is closed, there will be an error). I haven't heard of someone like you.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 20:10 I have met protection from being turned on in the open (i.e., until the case is closed, there will be an error). I haven't heard of someone like you.
The first time I ran into this I had the projector completely back together. I thought I was super careful but obviously missed something. I have a feeling many of the new cheep projectors are not meant to be serviced, just replaced.
µ