Shining 3D ue11 vs handyscan black elite

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Slaughlin79

Shining 3D ue11 vs handyscan black elite

Post by Slaughlin79 »

Hi my names Shawn, I have a small cnc machine and custom to lite fabrication shop here in texas. I’m wanting to branch out and start making lift kits and parts in general for sizes by sides/recreational off-road vehicles and revers engineering. A 3D scanner will be a huge time saver and cost less money in short time depending on how different vehicle you build the parts far, plus I would like to be like the metrology side of it for inspection of some of my more high tolerance parts.

I’m looking at two scanners and the price gap is pretty wide but have similar specs but those can’t be trusted too often so I understand that. If anyone has any experience with these I would greatly appreciate your advice.

First one is the Handyscan Black Elite
Can’t find a single negative review and people seem to love ‘em. There are tons of videos to support that.

Second and final is the Shining 3D ue11
Claims to have similar accuracies/specs but not much info out there to go off of. There are a few videos but I think that’s bc its a much newer scanner than the one above. It will do metrology like the one above but like other thing I can only find one video featuring that.
I also know that one is around 50 and the other around 24k so I wouldn’t expect the cheaper one to be as refined but can’t go by that either.

Like I said above advice and all your inout is much appreciated. Thanks
hoffybeefe

Re: Shining 3D ue11 vs handyscan black elite

Post by hoffybeefe »

Hi Slaughlin79,

I don't have any experience with either of those scanners unfortunately so take this for what it is (may not be much), just my general opinion based on observation.

Usually if the scanners are pro level and have ISO or some other related spec listed for tolerances etc, Then they can generally be taken by that to be true. The largest issue is having the user understand how these tolerances are defined and what they mean in the real world. So if you can try to get an understanding of that, it'd probably help you out (assuming you don't already, apologies if you do).
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Slaughlin79 wrote: 09 Mar 2022, 15:40 Hi my names Shawn, I have a small cnc machine and custom to lite fabrication shop here in texas. I’m wanting to branch out and start making lift kits and parts in general for sizes by sides/recreational off-road vehicles and revers engineering. A 3D scanner will be a huge time saver and cost less money in short time depending on how different vehicle you build the parts far, plus I would like to be like the metrology side of it for inspection of some of my more high tolerance parts.

I’m looking at two scanners and the price gap is pretty wide but have similar specs but those can’t be trusted too often so I understand that. If anyone has any experience with these I would greatly appreciate your advice.

First one is the Handyscan Black Elite
Can’t find a single negative review and people seem to love ‘em. There are tons of videos to support that.

Second and final is the Shining 3D ue11
Claims to have similar accuracies/specs but not much info out there to go off of. There are a few videos but I think that’s bc its a much newer scanner than the one above. It will do metrology like the one above but like other thing I can only find one video featuring that.
I also know that one is around 50 and the other around 24k so I wouldn’t expect the cheaper one to be as refined but can’t go by that either.

Like I said above advice and all your inout is much appreciated. Thanks
Hi Shawn.
Right off the bat, those are both great scanners. I have seen demos of the Creaform and I'd love to be able to justify the purchase. That said, I think they are overkill for what you want to do. I can't speak to the einscan, but the creaform software is refined and very easy to use.
µ
Slaughlin79

Post by Slaughlin79 »

The reason I was thinking the creaform was bc It would double as metrology bc I don’t have a cmm for inspecting parts. I can kill two birds with one stone and come out cheaper than buying a new cmm and then a lower priced scanner on top of that.

The other scanner is actually the ue11. It’s made by shining3d that makes the einscan but more than 1/2 the price cheaper. I wonder if shining 3D is a good company? Anyone who knows anything about the newish ue7 or ue11 or even the older shining 3D pro models like the x5 or x7 can tell me if they were a good scanner or not that would also be extremely helpful? Thanks
Slaughlin79

Post by Slaughlin79 »

Hofeybeef no need to apologize bc I’ve never even been around a 3D scanner and I’ve only watched videos. I really want one of the industrial models for the metrology and high quality scans. From what I’ve seen the Handyscan black elite is hands down the winner no doubt about it but i thinks it costs twice as much. The Handyscan is probably the best handheld blue laser made just don’t know if it’s 2 times more expensivethan the ue11 worth it.
Slaughlin79

Post by Slaughlin79 »

You guys familiar with scantech kacan magic? That’s another one I was looking at
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Slaughlin79 wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 20:19 You guys familiar with scantech kacan magic? That’s another one I was looking at
Never seen one IRL, but if it is in the same price range as the Creaform, then I'd pass. The sample meshes they offer are no where near as good as the samples I've seen from the Creaform.

BTW what are the parts that you want to QC? What tolerances do you need to hold??
µ
Slaughlin79

Post by Slaughlin79 »

Price pints are different and I also seen the scans and they looked incomplete and very much lacking. I’m probably going to go with the scantech simscan. Handyscan black Elite is What I want but I think it’s a little overpriced if 60,000 usd is the price. Don’t know bc they don’t list there prices so it probably is that high.