David integrated into HP Sprout 2017

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Curiousjeff

David integrated into HP Sprout 2017

Post by Curiousjeff »

As we expected (or feared):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NtIgBhGM2c&t=317s

At 4:23
economycar

Re: David integrated into HP Sprout 2017

Post by economycar »

I just spent the money on david 5, knowing that it may not be updated or supported in the future. I just accepted that it can be paid for in one job and that it will at least work for the next few years in the current state, until some future windows version fails to support it. I am hoping that by then there will be some open source or affordable commercial option that will be superior.

Does anyone know any more details about what HP is planning on doing? I think the fact that they are even showing the david setup in that video is promising, at least they aren't pretending that it doesn't exist and that the sprout is the only option.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Damn I have a flood of questions now. It looks like a very clean integration. Now I'm sorry I missed CES
µ
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

The way I see it, I think they just loaded David and imported the meshs scanned previouly.

I dont think anything has changed for the moment.

Jeff
Carko

Post by Carko »

It appears to be just a rebranded DAVID 5 - if you look closely, the title of the software says HP 3D Scan Tool v5.1.0 beta2.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Carko wrote:It appears to be just a rebranded DAVID 5 - if you look closely, the title of the software says HP 3D Scan Tool v5.1.0 beta2.
yeah its David 5. but it probably has been optimized for the HP hardware and there may be a few other software tweaks. I'm sure one of them is sync between the projector and camera shutter. When you have fixed and proprietary hardware it makes it much easier to get better results.
µ