Arduino Turntable Code

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
fritts

Arduino Turntable Code

Post by fritts »

Has anyone updated there arduino based turntables to use time in position verses the coms? Looking to implement something different on my turntable but I'm not much of a code guy. Seems like with the way David 5 works you need to have a time/position based system to get the automatic turn table to work.
Curiousjeff

Re: Arduino Turntable Code

Post by Curiousjeff »

Sunce the COM port is no longer available in Version 5, a work around is to automate the process with an external Macro controller like "AutoIt".

Far from perfect but better then nothing

Jeff
fritts

Post by fritts »

I haven't tried it but doesn't the automatic function look for movement stop and then start the scan again. If that's the case you would just need to understand the timing of the scan elapsed time and then set the turntable to move X time.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

fritts wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 01:26 I haven't tried it but doesn't the automatic function look for movement stop and then start the scan again. If that's the case you would just need to understand the timing of the scan elapsed time and then set the turntable to move X time.
In theory. In practice however, it doesn't work as well as it should. David sees no movement where in fact there may be small residual movement or resonance in the object or fixture. The result is lousy surface quality.
µ
TonyMo

Post by TonyMo »

Hello everybody!
Can anyone share arduino scatch for turntable (which is made by arduino uno + easydriver 4.4 + nema 17 motor) ?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

TonyMo wrote: 27 Jun 2017, 20:37 Hello everybody!
Can anyone share arduino scatch for turntable (which is made by arduino uno + easydriver 4.4 + nema 17 motor) ?
Look in the old forum, There are a few very good threads (with code) there.
µ
TonyMo

Post by TonyMo »

Thank you.
I wonder if diy turntable will work with autorotation function in david 4 ? Or this function is able only for original David's turntable?