Aluminium cast accessory RE

What have you scanned recently?
erapip

Aluminium cast accessory RE

Post by erapip »

Making some test with 5.3 version with NIKON D5300 (single camera). Seems better to me, but the alignment still need improvements.
Best wishes to all.......
PS: if you want more check seescanprint3d on FB page ;)
Attachments
Default.32.jpg
2017-12-22_11-51-32.jpg
2017-12-22_11-50-54.jpg
2017-12-22_11-45-27.png
2017-12-22_11-44-31.png
bigbomber

Re: Aluminium cast accessory RE

Post by bigbomber »

Hi. Very good scans.
can I know what projector are you using for your setup? I've do lots of research on alignment problems on low-end structured light 3D Scanning system.
If your calib panel is made accurately, all of your problems are coming from projector.
For example HP3d Scanner and also Flexscan3D use projectors as beammer, and both of them has problem on calibrating of projector. actually you need a modified projector to create correct and stable patterns. My current projector is a low-end NEC projector, but I've do lots of modification on it. right now I can get very accurate scans using it. (before it, I try on several other NEC, Sharp, Sony,... projectors, all of them have trouble with SLS systems).
Stive_Rad0

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

bigbomber wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 16:25 Hi. Very good scans.
can I know what projector are you using for your setup? I've do lots of research on alignment problems on low-end structured light 3D Scanning system.
If your calib panel is made accurately, all of your problems are coming from projector.
For example HP3d Scanner and also Flexscan3D use projectors as beammer, and both of them has problem on calibrating of projector. actually you need a modified projector to create correct and stable patterns. My current projector is a low-end NEC projector, but I've do lots of modification on it. right now I can get very accurate scans using it. (before it, I try on several other NEC, Sharp, Sony,... projectors, all of them have trouble with SLS systems).
Thanks for your info. Also I have problem about alignment. I'm sure it is due to projector. With single camera there is huge error on alignment, but using dual mode, it is reduced but not solved completely.
Can you tell what modification did you do on your projector?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

bigbomber wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 16:25 Hi. Very good scans.
Can you elaborate on why you say these projectors don't produce a stable pattern and what you modified to fix that?
I admit, I know almost nothing on the projector side of our system.
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Micr0 wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 17:18 Can you elaborate on why you say these projectors don't produce a stable pattern and what you modified to fix that?
One thing is the colorwheel. It is a mechanical parts. Projector try to adjust its position, but it isn't accurate enough. But removing it from light path creates some other major optical problems.
Other is lamp. LED projectors are not good if they contain 3 R G B LEDs. Switching of LEDs also creates problems.
The Other one is adjusting projector settings regards to your system configuration. I don't mean regular settings that are accessible from projector menu, I mean some high level adjusting by hacking projector internal software and firmware. Actually high-end sccanners do not connect directly to PC, otherwise they have an internal unic mainboared that creates fully stable and repeatable situation.
I'm working on these subjects to obtain the best result.
My next step is to replace my projector lamp by a power laser.
Screenshot_2017-12-27-22-55-32.png
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

bigbomber wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 19:26
Micr0 wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 17:18 Can you elaborate on why you say these projectors don't produce a stable pattern and what you modified to fix that?
One thing is the colorwheel. It is a mechanical parts. Projector try to adjust its position, but it isn't accurate enough. But removing it from light path creates some other major optical problems.
Other is lamp. LED projectors are not good if they contain 3 R G B LEDs. Switching of LEDs also creates problems.
The Other one is adjusting projector settings regards to your system configuration. I don't mean regular settings that are accessible from projector menu, I mean some high level adjusting by hacking projector internal software and firmware. Actually high-end sccanners do not connect directly to PC, otherwise they have an internal unic mainboared that creates fully stable and repeatable situation.
I'm working on these subjects to obtain the best result.
My next step is to replace my projector lamp by a power laser.
Screenshot_2017-12-27-22-55-32.png
I tried two different lasers projectors with poor results. I didn't have a lot of time with either so I wasn't able to troubleshoot, but the scans had extremely rough surfaces. Likewise these were consumer multimedia laser based projectors so I have no idea how the white light was actually produced. I assume it was with RBG Laser diodes but I don't really know. I also assumed that the cohesiveness of the light was a factor somehow but I honestly don't know why that would be a factor. This is out of may area of understanding.
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Do you have access to that laser projector yet?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

bigbomber wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 06:54 Do you have access to that laser projector yet?
I "borrowed" them From a store here that has a 30 day return policy. For that reason my time with them was limited and I didn't get too much time to play with them. It was a while ago and some new better laser based projectors have come out. I'm tempted to try again. Perhaps soon.
µ
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

I've been interested in the LG HF80J
I may try to get one from said local retailer to try out. Thoughts?

I think I'm going to start a new thread about this. It deserves it's own thread in Hardware.
µ
lovebay1

Post by lovebay1 »

What do you think about Optoma ML330 Led Projector?