Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
bigbomber

Re: Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Post by bigbomber »

mading wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 22:13 Well, it seems quite different from a standard dlp!
What is the main difference? No color wheel?
I'm happy to see something really in topic! :)
it does not contain DLP. it is based on Crystal Light modulator panel with 1024x768 active pixel. it is directly driven by my self made driver.
lots of advantage on this projector:
1- can input a trigger to refresh screen, can keep a frame with out refresh for 1 second (normal displays never can do it. they must refresh several times per second to display a static image).
2- lens and all optics are adjustable easily.
3- LED as light source and can converted to Laser.
4- square pixels without any extra pixel processing and keystone
5- completely mach with other hardwares.
but at this time there are some disadvantages which I hope I can bypass them.
mading

Post by mading »

Is the hardware trigger related to hp3d option "hardware trigger", or the latter is referred to the camera trigger?
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

mading wrote: 27 Feb 2018, 17:24 Is the hardware trigger related to hp3d option "hardware trigger", or the latter is referred to the camera trigger?
as my projector can not connect directly to HP, I're written a special program which can join cameras and my projector and create a mach triggering between cameras and projector. So they can work synchronous perfectly.
Micro I'm looking for the Log file from You.
Stive_Rad0

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

My RMS error is 0.18. what does it mean? why this value change when I use single or dual cameras setup?
0.18 is a huge value of error? I think it is the source of my alignment problem.
Stive_Rad0

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

bigbomber wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 10:19 Hi friends. This is my own self-made projector specially designed to work with SLS systems. It directly drive one single crystal chip to display photos. Light is emited by a 20W LED. I plan to change the LED with laser to get focusless projector.
Screenshot_2018-02-26-13-46-18-1.png
this is a very interesting projector. have you test it yet? I'm looking to get sure that our alignment problems are coming from projector.
what kind of lens do you use for your projector? its settings is the same as a normal projector connected to PC?
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Hi Frinds.
as I told you before, I'm developing an Application to optimize system settings and specially projector to get best possible result from HP scanner, and now the first version is ready.
I want two friends in this forum to test my app and feedback the result to forum. so if any one is interested in my app and if he can get RMS ERROR less than 0.2 (this means you don't have hardware problems) with his current scanner, please send me a PM.
thanks.
this is a screenshot of my applicatin:
Capture.JPG
3dxcan

Post by 3dxcan »

bigbomber wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 22:41 Hi Frinds.
as I told you before, I'm developing an Application to optimize system settings and specially projector to get best possible result from HP scanner, and now the first version is ready.
I want two friends in this forum to test my app and feedback the result to forum. so if any one is interested in my app and if he can get RMS ERROR less than 0.2 (this means you don't have hardware problems) with his current scanner, please send me a PM.
thanks.
this is a screenshot of my applicatin:
Capture.JPG
i didnt get what your program does? are you trying to modify the firmware of the projector? this program works with all types of projectors from any brand??
Popex

Post by Popex »

The latest version of Flexscan3D that launched 3D3Solutions, before being acquired by LMI (Gom), came with a development to be able to use a DLP projector called "Lightcracter". You can see this option in the projector selector:

When I started to investigate, I realized that within Flexscan3D you can select the type of Light that emits the projector! (This is only enabled when you select this type of projector)

So if you connect Flexscan3D to a white light type "LightCrafter" projector, you can have your SLS with: White, Red, Green or Blue Light !!!

I went to a conference in Gom, where they indicated that Ferrari was manufactured a green light SLS, because they wanted to perform dimensional control of the painted bodies (Red color) and the blue light gave them interference to work with painted sheet metal. Red color.

Obviously, in addition to this, the corresponding filters must be added to the lenses for their respective bandwidth.

There are also with variable FOV:

https://www.wintechdigital.com/index.ph ... duct_id=51
Distortion: ≤1%

https://keynotephotonics.com/product/lc4500-sf/
High Grade Optical Engine, >80% Uniformity

The new GOM equipment has distance between fixed cameras:

https://www.gom.com/metrology-systems/a ... -core.html

This type of DLP projectors with different wavelengths and fixed fical distance are also sold:

https://www.wintechdigital.com/index.ph ... duct_id=53

I consider that SLS for industrial use, use this type of projectors, because:

- Low distortion
  - Native blue, red or green light
  - Allows 2 cameras to be connected directly to the projector. So one should connect only the projector to his computer.
  - They are prepared for Measurement (The manufacturer says it)

Unfortunately at this time I am not in a position to face this investment. It would be nice if someone had one of these projectors, that they tell us about their experience.
Attachments
Color.png
Flexscan3D
martan

Post by martan »

Bigbomber,

Did you find enough persons for testing your app?
How are the results coming out?

Martan in Sweden
HP 3D Scan, Optoma ML750, 2x IS DMK 23UX236 with Computar 12mm, HP calibration panel, DIY Rotary tables.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

martan wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:59 Bigbomber,

Did you find enough persons for testing your app?
How are the results coming out?

Martan in Sweden
Hi Martan. Actually some persons else than me test my application. we get good result by it, if you want you can test it too.