Scan speed

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
DenKor

Scan speed

Post by DenKor »

Hello everyone!
I am new in SLS scanning and have some questions. Using Nikon d3300 + Inogeni 4k + LG PH1500g i have 30fps (nikon d3300-d5400 don't get 60fps with hdmi like a lot of people think) and time of scanning about 8sec for 22 patterns and 64 pattern about 25sec.
but I would like a faster time for some kinds of objects, like on the original HD 3D scanner (3-4sec for 22 patterns and 8sec for 64 patterns. For example: https://youtu.be/F_8zayP_Yuo ). This is only possible with industrial cameras having a global shutter or only original HP industrial camera with origional firmware? May be i can use dslr camera with 60fps?
I also have bad calibration panel and I'm working on it. But, my RMS on v5.6 HP software is 1.2-0.8 and on the old david 3d v4.5 software at the same position and settings i have 0.5-0.3. Why is so different?
erapip

Re: Scan speed

Post by erapip »

Hello DenKor.
I also use a Nikon+50mm lens, and a Blackmagic HDMI for scanning. Have an HP cal pannel, but never get lower than 0.5 of RMS. Instead with same setup but with industrial cammera it reach 0.2. I dont know why, and if anyone alse has done these tests.

Regards!
DenKor

Re: Scan speed

Post by DenKor »

May be same one have two camera with Directshow? Can it works in HP software?
I wanna change my Nikon camera to Chinese industrial camera with global shutter, but seller says:

Our enigneer had tested, we connect two cameras to computer (E3ISPM and E3 Camera, the two camera use same DirectShow driver), open the HP software, but our Directshow driver support only one camera, so just see only one ToupcamMicro, so there is only one camera has image in HP software

So HP software just can working only one of our camera via DirectShow