David HP 3D scan and i420 format for 4K

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Shefajs

David HP 3D scan and i420 format for 4K

Post by Shefajs »

Hello,

I'm building hi-res high quality setup.
As a core I do have here Panasonic GH4 and Inogeni 4K2USB3 convers the 4k hdmi into usb.
I also have here the Flea3 USB cameras - the 5MP and 12MP version. And Full-hd projector.

Unfortunately in HP 3D scan 5.6 I'm unable to get the 4K input from Inogeni working. David software is stubborn on YUYV format, and whatewer else I set in it claims cannot connect to camera and immediately restarts back to Full-HD.
So in the Inogeni I only have options for i420 and nv12 formats for the 4K resolution.

I have seen post in the forum that had it working and that could only mean that either there is a firmware for inoogeni that accepts 4K in YUYV or in the older David software the i420 was working fine. But now I'm stuck and need help.

Any ideas?
DenKor

Re: David HP 3D scan and i420 format for 4K

Post by DenKor »

Do you have a inogeni 4k device and not inogeni 4k upgradable?
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

I was the one who posted that.

I have not been scanning anymore for sometime.

I do remember that it worked in Windows 7, but not 10 at the time.

Have you looked at the post in the old forum ?

http://forum.david-3d.com/viewtopic.php ... eni#p33946

I was using it with David 4.

Good luck.
Jeff
Shefajs

Post by Shefajs »

It is not about Inogeni 4k device. The inogeni can handle the 4k very well.
BUT David software refuse to accept anything besides YUYV format. Inogeni can output 4K only in i422 or nv12 formats both of which david does not accept.

Jeff - do You remember - what did not work for You under the Windows 10 environment (Did the Full-HD work but 4K did not?).

Petr
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

It's been some time. I think it did work ok in Fullhd.

This was with David 4.

I might have posted my settings (?) in the old forum.
Shefajs

Post by Shefajs »

Yes, You did post Your settings on the old forum...

I was trying today with David 4 and Windows 7. Even though it seems the David 4 has accepted 1920x1080 source with i420 format and listed it as RGB24 (as opposed to the YUY2). But whenever I tried setting a resolution higher then full-HD the display failed to show any image. In Inogeni control app the 4k output works just fine.

This was for David version 4.5.3. Any chance you know on which version You had the 4k working?

Thank you.

Curiousjeff wrote: 21 May 2019, 19:20 It's been some time. I think it did work ok in Fullhd.

This was with David 4.

I might have posted my settings (?) in the old forum.