problem with HP5.5 and HP5.6

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
bigbomber

problem with HP5.5 and HP5.6

Post by bigbomber »

In version 5.5 and 5.6, when I switch between Scan window and shapefusion window, my camera get disconnected and I have to turn them off and on to return them back to software.
But every thing is Ok in HP 5.4.
Does any one have any solution?
OBNRacerMan

Re: problem with HP5.5 and HP5.6

Post by OBNRacerMan »

This is just one version of why this might happen:
Do you have Advanced Settings -> Cameras -> PreventProcessorIdleState enabled?
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 22:06 This is just one version of why this might happen:
Do you have Advanced Settings -> Cameras -> PreventProcessorIdleState enabled?
Yes, I've enabled PreventProcessorIdleState, but doesn't have any effect

Meanwhile by enabling PreventProcessorIdleState, my PC CPU always works as 67% and the fans of my PC turn so fast too cool it.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I have some processor load only when I’m in the “scan” tab (that is, when the cameras transmit the video stream to the program). On the old Core 2 Quad, this was very noticeable, on the Core i7 it is less noticeable.
But! In any case - I have never had a problem with turning off the cameras (despite the fact that my cameras themselves are quite problematic - they turn on only after several attempts to turn on / off the scan program)
P.S. I use HP3Dscan 5.60 with two cameras
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Do your cameras disconnect from USB or is David just not recognizing the signal? Have you been able to look at the USB bus in the device manager when this happens and see if the device is still showing as present and connected?
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Micr0 wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 13:16 Do your cameras disconnect from USB or is David just not recognizing the signal? Have you been able to look at the USB bus in the device manager when this happens and see if the device is still showing as present and connected?
Hiii Dear Micr0. How are you?
My cameras will not get disconnected from USB, only HP can not grab picture from them.
Even if in Hp Program, I open and immediately close the settings of my cameras, the cameras start working again.

in Change Log file of HP5.6 I saw a line that mention there is a method to dim Projector in shapefusion window. it mentions that projector get dimmed when user is in Shapfusion area. Can anyone confirm it?
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 09:45 I have some processor load only when I’m in the “scan” tab (that is, when the cameras transmit the video stream to the program). On the old Core 2 Quad, this was very noticeable, on the Core i7 it is less noticeable.
But! In any case - I have never had a problem with turning off the cameras (despite the fact that my cameras themselves are quite problematic - they turn on only after several attempts to turn on / off the scan program)
Ohhhh
it is a bug in ver 5.5 and 5.6. in these versions if I enable "PreventProcessorIdleState", my CPU get overload and work by 67% of power.
but in version 5.4, by enabling that case, CPU still work in 8% of its power.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 09:45 I have some processor load only when I’m in the “scan” tab (that is, when the cameras transmit the video stream to the program). On the old Core 2 Quad, this was very noticeable, on the Core i7 it is less noticeable.
I recommend you to test ver5.4. maybe all of problems of your cameras are from new versions of HP.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

bigbomber wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 14:38 I recommend you to test ver5.4. maybe all of problems of your cameras are from new versions of HP.
I'm sure that downgrading the program will not help, since the same problem occurs in any other application that can use this cameras. And this only happens with these cameras.
Another model of cameras from the same manufacturer - and there are no such problems, however, as with the rest of my cameras (but they are not suitable for normal scanning).
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

bigbomber wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 21:48 In version 5.5 and 5.6, when I switch between Scan window and shapefusion window, my camera get disconnected and I have to turn them off and on to return them back to software.
But every thing is Ok in HP 5.4.
Does any one have any solution?
Does anyone know how to inform HP team about this problem in case that they solve it in the next version?