Hole Filling / Capturing underside

Discussions about software for post-processing, usage of 3d scans and everything else you might do after you have scanned an object.
kate_Jelaine

Hole Filling / Capturing underside

Post by kate_Jelaine »

Hello,

I am a grad student and am scanning soft-tissue from a knee joint. I need to be able to get a full rendering of the tissue. As of right now, I have tissue sitting on top of bone but am unable to capture the underside of the tissue. I could try to use the hole-filling features but I do not think it is fully representative of the specimen. Any suggestions?

I included an image of what is currently happening. As you can see, there is a section of the scan that is "unfilled".
flex.PNG
Micr0

Re: Hole Filling / Capturing underside

Post by Micr0 »

kate_Jelaine wrote: 08 Jan 2020, 01:07 Hello,

I am a grad student and am scanning soft-tissue from a knee joint. I need to be able to get a full rendering of the tissue. As of right now, I have tissue sitting on top of bone but am unable to capture the underside of the tissue. I could try to use the hole-filling features but I do not think it is fully representative of the specimen. Any suggestions?

I included an image of what is currently happening. As you can see, there is a section of the scan that is "unfilled".
flex.PNG
Hole filling is basically done by creating a tangent perimeter around the edge of the hole and then filling with a surface that maintains tangentcy through out. it is not in any way representative to the actual missing data. Is there any way you could coat or dye the tissue so that is can be seen better by the scanner?
µ