Some of my scans

What have you scanned recently?
OBNRacerMan

Re: Some of my scans

Post by OBNRacerMan » 24 May 2020, 08:35

Micr0 wrote:
23 May 2020, 15:32
Is that scanned with a coating spray, or uncoated?
No spray

OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan » 26 May 2020, 12:06

I once scanned this remote control from the projector, but then there were other cameras that, although they could capture fairly black objects, made it much worse than new ones (although it is not very easy for new ones). In addition, there were previously problems with the final mix.
An 80mm calibration chart was used and many, many scans (both in composite mode and (some individual views) in advanced)
remote-control_MV-D_02.jpg
The appearance of the remote control, as cameras saw it.
remote-control_MV-D_01.jpg
After finalization
P.S. I did not upload the finished STL file, because it turned out to be 250 MB in size

Y.A.B

Post by Y.A.B » 15 Jun 2020, 15:20

hi, those scans is amazingly good, but I have a question, as I read that scroll shutter cameras and I think that 6.3 mp one you use is a scroll shutter, I heard that it has a noticeable distortion comparing to global shutter , what you think according to your experience using this type of cameras?
thank you

OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan » 15 Jun 2020, 18:07

Unfortunately, I do not have practical experience in using cameras with a global shutter ... More precisely, I have one camera with a global shutter 0.9MP 120fps USB2.0 - and it turned out to be completely unsuitable for scanning - because for the strongest compression of MJPG and USB2.0 interface.

But personally, I think that for the SLS scan, the type of shutter of the camera does not really matter, because at the moment of "shooting" the object is stationary.

But in "real-time" scanners like Artec Spider or Calibry (where scanning is done from different sides, by continuously moving the scanner around the object) - the use of cameras with a global shutter can be important.

P.S. It is also worth considering that using the global shutter dramatically increases the cost of the camera.

I also post updated fresh scans:
magnet_konigsberg_04.jpg
Fridge magnet
2020.06.09_electrical outlet.jpg
Electrical outlet cover
2020.05.30_camera_safety_cap.jpg
A protective cover from one of my cameras

Y.A.B

Post by Y.A.B » 16 Jun 2020, 03:43

wonderful results 🤔, and thank you so much for the info's ..

Micr0

Post by Micr0 » 16 Jun 2020, 14:03

OBNRacerMan wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 18:07
Unfortunately, I do not have practical experience in using cameras with a global shutter ... More precisely, I have one camera with a global shutter 0.9MP 120fps USB2.0 - and it turned out to be completely unsuitable for scanning - because for the strongest compression of MJPG and USB2.0 interface.

But personally, I think that for the SLS scan, the type of shutter of the camera does not really matter, because at the moment of "shooting" the object is stationary.

But in "real-time" scanners like Artec Spider or Calibry (where scanning is done from different sides, by continuously moving the scanner around the object) - the use of cameras with a global shutter can be important.

P.S. It is also worth considering that using the global shutter dramatically increases the cost of the camera.

I also post updated fresh scans:
magnet_konigsberg_04.jpg2020.06.09_electrical outlet.jpg2020.05.30_camera_safety_cap.jpg
Excellent! You really have your system dialed in well.
µ