Combination with 3d scanners

Write here about everything related to photogrammetry
PruXarton

Combination with 3d scanners

Post by PruXarton »

As I've already mention somewhere on the forum I am an archaeologist, and I use Artec Eva 3d scanner (I still didn't decide to buy Leo...), I'm facing issues that when an artefact's colour is important like painted vases, etc, the scanner doesn't provide pure colour, even under uniform scattered light. I've seen very nice textures that was provided by photogrammetry, there're even websites that sell photo-realistic textures made with photogrammetry.
I'm sure it's possible to merge this technologies somehow. I've tried to use only photogrammetry, yes I got nice textures, but I'm not happy with the shape. I used Meshroom. So I wonder which software can I use to bake this textures to my 3d scan. In future plans I may also need to have not only single colour channel textures, but also specular and glossiness maps. Not sure if it's possible to get them from photoscan, but actually I didn't research it. So any recommendations are welcomed.
Micr0

Re: Combination with 3d scanners

Post by Micr0 »

PruXarton wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 15:55 As I've already mention somewhere on the forum I am an archaeologist, and I use Artec Eva 3d scanner (I still didn't decide to buy Leo...), I'm facing issues that when an artefact's colour is important like painted vases, etc, the scanner doesn't provide pure colour, even under uniform scattered light. I've seen very nice textures that was provided by photogrammetry, there're even websites that sell photo-realistic textures made with photogrammetry.
I'm sure it's possible to merge this technologies somehow. I've tried to use only photogrammetry, yes I got nice textures, but I'm not happy with the shape. I used Meshroom. So I wonder which software can I use to bake this textures to my 3d scan. In future plans I may also need to have not only single colour channel textures, but also specular and glossiness maps. Not sure if it's possible to get them from photoscan, but actually I didn't research it. So any recommendations are welcomed.
This is done in the modeling for CGI world. I don't do it, but come across discussions of CG artists who talk about editing the color and texture maps in Photoshop and other apps. I would look on the CG forums.
µ