Markers Alignment error with Flexscan3D

tommy11490

Markers Alignment error with Flexscan3D

Post by tommy11490 »

Hello,

I am currently playing with Flexscan3D and two camera 23UX236 setup. The software is excellent. Calibration is easy and you can achieve better accuracy much easier than with hp 3D scan because of flat calibration panels.

The only problem I have is Markers Alignment, when I enable markers detection and run scan, the software crashes with an error in log file:

Code: Select all

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
   at SLP.Markers.CC_DetectMarkers2(String inImage, String outImage, String outCal)
   at SLP.Markers.detect(Scan scan)
   at Common.GenericJob`1.process()
   at Common.JobBase.doThread()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
I am already in contact with Polyga and their technical team but so far no luck with the error, we tried some new software versions but the error is still there.

Is there anybody who had luck with 23UX236 and markers? If so, which version did you use? I have error in v3.3.22.4 and v3.3.22.7.

Regards, Thomas
Alonso

Re: Markers Alignment error with Flexscan3D

Post by Alonso »

Where did you get the markers from? This is something I've been meaning to try out.
tommy11490

Post by tommy11490 »

I made my own. At first I made some generic markers with just a white/black circle of no specific size. At second try Polyga have sent me theirs markers pdf drawing and I tried those. I dont think the problem is with markers. The software crashes right after scanning (after I start the software again the last scan right before the crash is there, but the markers are not being detected).

I would say if the markers were issue we would see some other kind of error/warning, that markers have not been detected. Polyga itself in our email conversation wrote that thats probably an error in specific software version and they will be releasing update. Lets hope it will be soon. If I manage to run markers alignment I am sold to the flexscan! Even now, without markers alignment the software is much better than hp3d scan, and thats a rolling shutter camera I am using.

Please, if you have flexscan licence available, can you try markers alignment? Do you run 23UX236?

Regards
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

I do have a FS3D license. I'm using the latest released version as well. I don't have the same cameras, but they are IS cams with global shutter.. I'll give it shot soon
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

I believe this is already fixed in the latest version, it should be posted up in the next couple of weeks.
tommy11490

Post by tommy11490 »

Do you have any info about release? Thanks

Alonso: Did you have a chance to try markers alignment? Regards
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

I did try to a couple of quick small scans using marker alignment. No crashes on my end though. FlexScan3D version 3.3.22.2.
tommy11490

Post by tommy11490 »

Hello,

little update:

I solved the markers alignment problem in an interesting way. It seems that the problem was diacritic (čšťžý...) in my Windows user name. My user name contains diacritic so I tried switching over to another user in Windows (on the same computer) that has no diaritic. The alignment with markers started working. I notified Polyga development team about this issue and they will hopefully adress it in the future updates. The current solution is to to use windows username without diacritic.

Finally I was able to try markers alignment. The result is very good. I will post results later.

At the moment I can say that Flexscan3D works at least as good as HP 3D scan (probably even better - need more time with the software).
(Rig: 2x DMK 23UX236 (rolling shutter) and 2x Computar M1214 lenses, Optoma HD140). Another big plus is that flexscan has functional techsupport and is continuosly being updated.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

tommy11490 wrote: 24 Jul 2021, 13:42 Hello,

little update:

I solved the markers alignment problem in an interesting way. It seems that the problem was diacritic (čšťžý...) in my Windows user name. My user name contains diacritic so I tried switching over to another user in Windows (on the same computer) that has no diaritic. The alignment with markers started working. I notified Polyga development team about this issue and they will hopefully adress it in the future updates. The current solution is to to use windows username without diacritic.

Finally I was able to try markers alignment. The result is very good. I will post results later.

At the moment I can say that Flexscan3D works at least as good as HP 3D scan (probably even better - need more time with the software).
(Rig: 2x DMK 23UX236 (rolling shutter) and 2x Computar M1214 lenses, Optoma HD140). Another big plus is that flexscan has functional techsupport and is continuosly being updated.
What an odd bug. Thanks for sharing this.
µ