No crosshairs on the Einscan-S structured light scanner

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
kwhopson

No crosshairs on the Einscan-S structured light scanner

Post by kwhopson »

Since the Einscan-S is no longer supported, the only assistance I could get from Shining 3D was a trade-in offer on buying a new scanner from them. But we don't need a new scanner, we already have their Einscan Handheld Pro with the color and industrial packs, as well as the NextEngine Desktop 2020i 3D Laser Scanner, the Xbox One Kinect Sensor, a variety of Mark II Structure Sensors and Metashape for photogrammetry with DSLRs.

Has anyone ever had the crosshairs not show up, and fixed it? The light is certainly shining from the front of the scanner, but without the crosshairs it won't calibrate, let alone scan I suspect.

Thanks,
Ken Hopson
VCU Libraries
Micr0

Re: No crosshairs on the Einscan-S structured light scanner

Post by Micr0 »

kwhopson wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 17:49 Since the Einscan-S is no longer supported, the only assistance I could get from Shining 3D was a trade-in offer on buying a new scanner from them. But we don't need a new scanner, we already have their Einscan Handheld Pro with the color and industrial packs, as well as the NextEngine Desktop 2020i 3D Laser Scanner, the Xbox One Kinect Sensor, a variety of Mark II Structure Sensors and Metashape for photogrammetry with DSLRs.

Has anyone ever had the crosshairs not show up, and fixed it? The light is certainly shining from the front of the scanner, but without the crosshairs it won't calibrate, let alone scan I suspect.

Thanks,
Ken Hopson
VCU Libraries
Sorry I can't help you, but it's good to know Einscans support for older hardware is so bad.
µ
mading

Re: No crosshairs on the Einscan-S structured light scanner

Post by mading »

I agree.
Assistance is a great part of the quality of a tool.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable