FlexScan3D modified Version (perfect support for Directshow and WebCam)

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
kate_Jelaine

Re: FlexScan3D modified Version (perfect support for Directshow and WebCam)

Post by kate_Jelaine »

Very interesting! I would like to download this app. The link you give only has .dll files and no .exe file to run the software.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Yes.
The files contains only modified .dll files.
You must have a setup and license to use it. If you need it, you can buy it from Polyga, or contact me to help you in an other way (sharing the setup file and others here is against the forum rules and laws, and I don't want to disturb the forum at all)
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Hi friends😍😍😍
Guess what I have new with my modifications😍😍😎😎😎

βœ…βœ…Daheng Cameras are Supported in FlexScan3Dβœ…βœ…

d01.jpg
d01.jpg (12.19 KiB) Viewed 9050 times
After several days of hard working, I create a big modification for FlexScan3D to make it possible use Daheng cameras with it😍😍

🟒 Also all settings of camera are accessible in the software perfectly😎 you can chose any resolution and framerateπŸ‘πŸ»

d02.jpg
d03.jpg

πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ‘‰πŸΎ You can find more information in my telegram group: https://t.me/DIY_3D_Scanner
πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ‘‰πŸΎ And if anyone interested to have the software and modifications, please contact me to help you on this subject.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Since I did the testing, I confirm that it turned out to connect Flexscan and Daheng cameras.
In addition, today I tried an option with connecting different cameras - one cheap "red" YW500U3 and a Daheng MER630 camera - this also works.
Scan result with two Daheng cameras
Scan result with two Daheng cameras
Calibration result with different cameras
Calibration result with different cameras
Scan result with two different cameras
Scan result with two different cameras
P.S. Along the way, it turned out that this program also sees the automatic rotary table from RV DIY and can work with it.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Hi everyone
If anyone any idea about new enhancement and modification for FlexScan3D, Please write here. I will be glad to hear new Ideas 😍😍😍
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

greenskynet wrote: ↑30 Dec 2021, 21:07 Hi everyone
If anyone any idea about new enhancement and modification for FlexScan3D, Please write here. I will be glad to hear new Ideas 😍😍😍
Change the UI color scheme. :)

Davids Dark theme with Greenish object color was IMHO Infinity better.
Seriously, Red is not soothing.

I know this is not in you purview so hopefully PolyGa is reading.
Β΅
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Micr0 wrote: ↑31 Dec 2021, 14:54
greenskynet wrote: ↑30 Dec 2021, 21:07 Hi everyone
Change the UI color scheme. :)

Davids Dark theme with Greenish object color was IMHO Infinity better.
Seriously, Red is not soothing.

I know this is not in you purview so hopefully PolyGa is reading.
I can do it easily.
but you must know the Red them of Flex is a brand for identification. it is like a identity for someone.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

The original colors of LMI Technologies in the old days.
Color scheme KScan3D
Color scheme KScan3D
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

New Update 😍😍

now by using my modified files, it is possible to use Basler cameras via Directshow in Flexscan3D too 😎

πŸ”΄ In original Flex, Basler cameras only work through Basler SDK, but it has some problems:
1- weak support for Basler cameras
2- if the camera send any error on any frame, the program totally crash and you must restart it
3- No direct access to camera settings (you must adjust and save all settings in a separate software called Pylon)
4- Flex always enable and use software trigger for Basler cameras, so we can't use free running and hardware trigger for the camera (for a super fast scanner we certainly need hardware trigger)
5- Using Basler via its SDK yield several unknown errors in different computers and it is difficult to find the source of the problem and solve it (specially for Firewire and USB.2 cameras)

🟒 In my new modification, it is possible to use Basler cameras through Directshow and eliminate all of the above problems 😍
You can easily select your camera in the Dshow category and also access to all of the settings in the Flex directly
Basler in Flexscan3d.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

New update:
βœ… support for FireWire cameras via Dshow is added to my modified version 😎