partwise scanning

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
spark

partwise scanning

Post by spark »

Hello, does somebody of you have experiences in scanning a large object by partwise scanning?
I recently build a large calibration panel (which sems to be working)! at a scale of 666 :twisted: mm / Din A0.
Of Course, accuracy is reduced and the surface is very rough. So mybe not the best idea? - Can i stay smaller and more accurate by using more patches?

David states that people should choose the calibration corner size according to the object size.
Do i need at least a calibration scale of 400mm to scan 400mm, or how far it is possible to stay smaller in calibration and merge single scans?

Any experiences?

regards, spark
Stive_Rad0

Re: partwise scanning

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

I have a 160mm calib panel and scan object larger than 1m. The goal is to have a very good calibrated setup and scan object partially and aligned scans together.
spark

Post by spark »

amazing, do you use the whole scan, or do you clip the scan result on its borders to get rid of inaccuracies?
How can i identify a very good calibration?
single or dual camera? regards, spark
Stive_Rad0

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

you must use all whole scans with big portion of overlaps.
I use dual setup. and for good calibration: you can check accuracy of calibration when you are aligning scans. with a good calibration all scans must align completely with minimum deviation.