Alignment problems

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
3dxcan

Re: Alignment problems

Post by 3dxcan »

Its the TCL lens from IS that isn't accurate enough. I tried with a computar lens and the problem is solved to acceptable level.
NARMELLA

Post by NARMELLA »

Hi to all of my friends .

Note that :
The software will give you the results of what you gave it as input .

NARMELLA
NARMELLA

Post by NARMELLA »

Some results :
KEBRIT.55.jpg
SIBACK.png
1mm-NEEFLE.jpg
001.21.jpg
And more ...
NARMELLA
NARMELLA

Post by NARMELLA »

In your case :
LSCO032.png
Please take a loo here
GDAG001.png
And a bit here .

Good luck

NARMELLA
NARMELLA

Post by NARMELLA »

And at last

I am using David laser scanner 3.9.1
With this setup :
TRIANG002.png
DAVE001.jpg
And not tried to use the latest version of david.

NARMELLA
erapip

Post by erapip »

Hello NARMELLA,
FOR THAT A WAS TALKING ABOUT ;)
I hope to hear more from your works on these forum.

PS: are you using LETS SCAN?
3dxcan

Post by 3dxcan »

NARMELLA wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 14:26 In your case :

LSCO032.png

Please take a loo here

GDAG001.png

And a bit here .

Good luck

NARMELLA
David doesn't recognise target points, and i found its auto alignment or align sequence option to result in inaccuracies in alignment. Only manual alignment with contact pair selection results in acceptable scans. Thus its time consuming.
what type of alignment do you use or anyone uses another software for alignment?
spark

Post by spark »

I also have often problems with inaccuracies after alignment. especially it the part does not fit in the scanner area. (partwise scanning) I found out that it must not be a problem of the david software, because i ran into the same problems aligning the scans in geomagic design x. -By the way in geomagic you have the ability to use target accuisition. e.g. sphere target recognition.- so what i wanted to say: it might be that there is no solution for a good alignment if the scans are inaccurate. good scans with good overlab can be handeled in david fairly good....

//i am also still researching in optimization and the interchange of optics....
//my main point to follow: think about your scanned area / volume. (depth of field / distortion to the borders because of the optics)
//can the crop factor physically avoid the usage of the poroblematic areas in the lens?
spark.
3dxcan

Post by 3dxcan »

is there a way to automatically crop around each scan in david to avoid those inaccurate margins? i get fairly large inaccurate margins! good to hear there are only a few of you who have this type of problem and everyone eles's scan are PERFECT!
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

One possible approach is to select all the scans, then right click and select "shrink border" (or whatever it is called. I am not in front of my computer). You can repeat as many times as you like as long as you preserve overlapping areas. Save you project before each step in case you need to revert back.

You can also use the depth filter when scanning.

A long time ago, I asked the David team to implement a similar filter to the depth filter but for cutting out top/bottom/left/right sides of the scan. This was never done.