MindVision SUA630M (USB3.0 IMX178)

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
hoffybeefe

Re: MindVision SUA630M (USB3.0 IMX178)

Post by hoffybeefe »

Hi OBNRacerMan,

Thanks for the info. I will consider the pro's and con's just a little longer and then just take a dive. :) I will report back with a new post depending one which way i go so i can add to the information should it be a different camera.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Just yesterday, I took my second "cool" camera from the post office (due to the "wrecking" actions of our customs, the saga with its purchase lasted for several months).
The second camera is also based on the very advanced SONY IMX178 matrix (I bought a monochrome version specifically for use in the scanner)
I already managed to try it - and found out that both of these cameras (despite the specific features of David / HP's interaction with DirectShow) work in HP3Dscan - for this you need to change the camera name through the driver (if the names are the same, only one camera will be seen).
Both cameras are up and running
Both cameras are up and running
P.S. At the same time, cameras with UVC support that work without special drivers can have the same name and not have problems with this.

Further development involves the transition to a more advanced (and, most importantly, actively developing) ScanCenter software from RangeVision. I already bought a kit from the program (license key), calibration panels of three different sizes, and, in addition, an automatic turntable controlled by the program (it has not yet been delivered to me).
Set of calibration panels and license key.
Set of calibration panels and license key.
However, there are problems with the support of my cameras program (I really hope that the manufacturer will be able to introduce support for such cameras).
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

Good Evening,

Thanks for the info! I've managed to jump in with Basler so i've ordered that camera and have been waiting about 2 months and by the looks of it i'll be waiting another month at best (thanks virus). I shall repot my success or fail eventually.. hopefully. :)

Thanks for the other scan software name.. i shall investigate it for its viability as a future option. If its as good or better then HP3DScan (RIP DAVID) then i'll be excited (assuming its cost is not prohibitive like FlexScan3D).
mading

Post by mading »

In EU rangevision is not selling the software.
At least it's what they told me.

We are waiting for your updates!
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

mading wrote: 14 May 2020, 07:30 In EU rangevision is not selling the software.

Yes, the program is available only to a limited number of Russian fans who have created their 3D scanners and are actively involved in the development of the community.

At the moment, owning this program is "nominal" for me - my cameras do not yet have support in it (officially there is only support for IDS cameras and some ToupCam). But I communicate with representatives ... according to them, if the introduction of support for cameras like mine does not require big changes, then they will implement it (in the beta version support for Daheng cameras appeared)
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 14 May 2020, 08:45
mading wrote: 14 May 2020, 07:30 In EU rangevision is not selling the software.

Yes, the program is available only to a limited number of Russian fans who have created their 3D scanners and are actively involved in the development of the community.

At the moment, owning this program is "nominal" for me - my cameras do not yet have support in it (officially there is only support for IDS cameras and some ToupCam). But I communicate with representatives ... according to them, if the introduction of support for cameras like mine does not require big changes, then they will implement it (in the beta version support for Daheng cameras appeared)
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing this.

Looking forward to seeing the results of your new cameras.
µ
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Micr0 wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:07 Looking forward to seeing the results of your new cameras.
I posted the scan results here
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

Well, today i finally got the Machine Vision camera delivered. The Basler acA3088-57um. I connected it up to the computer after installing the latest version of the pylon software from Basler, fired up the software and had a quick play to see if it was functioning and all in working order. Luckily, it was fine and everything seems to be in order!

Once i did that i found my HP 3DScan hardware key and plugged it in and fired it up. So far... no joy. It doesn't seem to show up in the camera list at all. So i'm stuffed! So it appears my gamble did not pay off at all and i'm stuck now with the perfect bit of camera kit for SLS scanning and no way to be able to use it. :(

Perhaps i should have went with the FLIR.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

It is very strange that David / HP3DScan could not see your camera (I tried a sufficiently large number of cameras with it, and the only thing that it could not see is the RGB camera built into Kinect (well, there is a very specific design and drivers) ... And even the RGB camera from Intel Realsense D415 he saw perfectly.
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

OK i think i've just figured it out. I naively assumed that installing the pylon software would install all required drivers etc but it seems it doesn't. So i found the additional drivers (like SDK etc etc) pack and installed it as a last ditch hope. Rebooted and voila. It how shows 4 entries and i tried the first one and there it is.

Now my disappointment has eased to jubilation and i'm off to do some quick and nasty setup and testing and to design and print a mount so i can hold it on my tripod for said testing. :)
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-06-18 20.16.15.png